Last week I received a call from Human Resources offering me a 2nd grade teaching position at Haley Elementary School. I immediately said yes and then wondered if this was a good move. Not that I had much of a choice since I was laid off in May. I had really been hoping to go back to Northcrest where I taught 2 years ago. However, ever since friends and family have heard where I was going I have been bombarded with comments about Haley--and they've all been good!! There were 4 things I really, really prayed for with a new position:
1- a bus stop that would pick up and drop off Blake right at the school
2- air conditioning
3- knowing where I would be at least two weeks in advance
4- 2nd grade again
My prayers have been answered, and then some. All 4 requests were met and I couldn't be happier. A few days later there were job openings at Northcrest, but I felt like Haley was exactly where I needed to be so I didn't even apply. Although I would love to work with my good friends again I think this is where I need to be. I met with the principal for about an hour and he gave me a tour of the building and he shared his vision for the upcoming school year. He has been the principal at Haley for 19 years and everyone says he is awesome.
So, now I am planning for the school year--yes, ahead of time. I will hate to see the summer end, but I am happy with where I am headed.
August 4, 2009
New Job
Posted by The Braun Family at 8/04/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hi there! ok, I found your blog through Laura Bryer York's... and I LOVE IT!!! I was born and raised in Elkhart Co. and lived in Middlebury most of my life. Then...moved to UT. I love your Pet Peeve of Indiana Haters! hahaha! I am actually the opposite. I long for home ALL.THE.TIME. I get homesick for Northern Indiana ALL.THE.TIME. Maybe one day I'll move back! anyway, hope you don't mind me following your blog... I mean really, how can I not??? you do LOVE INDIANA!!!
-Emma
Hey! Congrats on the new job! The school looks AWESOME!!!
I'm glad you got what you wanted. I'll remind you that it's what you wanted half way through the year when you're sick of it. :0)
I agree of Bodily Family---but serioulsy yah you!!! I finally updated my site...take a peek.
Post a Comment