July 16, 2009

Shipshewana

Every summer my mother-in-law and I trek to Shipshewana for a day of browsing and shopping. Depending on the weather, we may hit the flea market or head into town and visit the quaint shops. We left early yesterday morning and made it to the flea market not long after it opened. Due to the early hour and the threat of rain the crowd was very light. We did have to get our umbrellas out for a short time, but it was worth it! I loved hitting the antique vendors and found some great pieces to add to my collection. My greatest find was this picture. For some reason it just grabbed me and I had to have it. The price was pretty decent and it now graces a spot on my kitchen wall. I love the colors, it's very striking. Don't you love it? I had so much fun and saw so many great things I may make a second trip this summer.

0 comments: