June 26, 2009

Camp

It has been a long two weeks around our house. I went to girls camp last week and Scott and Blake were at camp this week. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of camping and only went so I could be with my YW. Luckily, it wasn't too hot and we only received a small amount of rain. However, I think our campsite was on top of a nest of daddy longlegs. They were all over our tents. In fact the final night I couldn't stand it any longer and slept in the car. The girls were fun and everything went well. If they will let me sleep in a hotel down the road next year I'll be happy to go again.
The deacons had scout camp this week and just got back today. This was an awful week for camping. The temp was very hot and humid and the mosquitoes were thick. And even though it's not his calling anymore, Scott ended up not only going, but he was the only leader for our group of boys. He felt quite abandoned. The older boys went on high adventure last week and the other leaders used up their vacation time going to that. But, he and the boys survived and actually had a pretty good time. They did take a vote and come back a little early. They had all had enough of mosquitoes.
Now it's just all the unpacking that's left and the mounds of laundry.

1 comments:

The Bodily Family said...

Savannah goes to Girls Camp on the 13th. I wish I could go with her. Of course they have cabins.