February 27, 2009

New Beginnings

Last night was our annual New Beginnings for Young Women. It has been a very long time since I've been anything but a spectator. I was a little nervous because we had to have it here at our house. I spent a lot of time rearranging pictures, furniture, knick knacks, etc. However, I didn't plan my time wisely and had to make an emergency call to the cleaning lady the night before. The peace of mind was worth the money. We had 20 guests in my living room. It was close quarters, but we all had worn our deoderant and it was actually quite pleasant.
The program went well and I think everyone left edified and uplifted--well, I know I did. I kept tearing up everytime I looked at Ashley because this is her last year before she leaves me. It's going to be a long year. I am so grateful she has such good friends at church. I am also very blessed with an amazing counselor--Carlene, who keeps me on the right path and entertained at the same time. The Young Women are great. It's a joy to work with them. Now I'm going to relax before another YW event pops up.

0 comments: