My good friend Susan has her birthday today. Unfortunately, she like everyone else has moved far, far away. I can't give her a hug or take her to lunch. So, I've been inspired by the "One Memory" game going around facebook. However, I won't keep to just one memory. Here are just a certain few that pop into mind:
- First time I met Susan was at Homemaking. She was pregnant with Kayla. I remember she called another good friend the next day or so to schedule a playdate with their kids a couple weeks down the road. We were amazed at her organization and planning.
- Her and I were both pregnant at the same time a few years later. Her Gretchen and my Blake are 3 months apart. I have a great photo of us standing together with our big pregnant bellies. I think the picture was taken at a Super Bowl Party
- I can't think of Susan without thinking of scrapbooking. We spent many content hours together saving our precious photos.
- I definitely will never forget the time we were in Primary together and she wanted to visit all the less active children. One of the houses had some very mean dogs in the back yard. She thought she was going to have to carry me back to the car I was so faint with fear!
- Taking the kids to the dunes
- Going to see Sheri Dew up in South Bend and getting so involved in our conversation on the way back we missed our turn onto 30 and went many miles out of our way
- Temple trips
- Spring Break visit to New Jersey to visit our very good friend Suzy.
- New Years Eve celebrations
- A huge comforting hug when life was falling apart
- 4th of July ball games and barbecues in their backyard
- watching her Stephanie and my Ashley play t-ball, quite humorous
- Playing sequence at their kitchen table
- Her phone call over Christmas break telling me they were moving to Texas
It seems like just yesterday that she moved away, but I know it's been much longer. I hope everyone is as lucky to have such a loyal friend. Happy Birthday Susan!
The picture of the cake above is in honor of her love of shoes, which I didn't know she had until after she moved. Probably a good thing since I also love shoes and would have easily spent a fortune with just a little encouragement.




1 comments:
thanks for making me cry when my cough really hurts! LOL... I forgot some of those things. My memory is getting full...maybe I should disengage some like we do our camera cards.????
Post a Comment