January 17, 2010

Christmas 2009

Our Christmas this year was very atypical. It started off normal enough--desperate fleeing from Indiana as soon as school is out, driving straight through, arriving in Florida, and total relaxation. The first week we were there involved reading, napping, walks on the beach, games, and napping (did I mention napping?) It was a little cooler than usual so we only were able to lay on the beach 2 days. However, we had been there almost a week when on Christmas day my mom was admitted to the hospital with a serious infection. Nothing is worse than being away from family when they need you. My sister Holly and her family decided to head for Indiana and Ashley and I flew home. Mom was very surprised to say the least! So, Scott and Blake stayed in Florida hanging out with his family while Ashley and I hung out with my family. Mom was able to go home after 3 days and is now doing o.k. It was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful to see Holly, Dave, Rennes, Savannah, Emma, Jordan, and Jackson. They stayed at our house and it was great getting reacquainted. We've decided that mom can't handle all her kids being gone for Christmas so we're going to have to start taking turns :) Now, if I can get Scott to take me to Florida for Spring Break all would be great!

1 comments:

The Bodily Family said...

We loved being there with you guys. Thanks for puting up with 7 extra Bodily bodies. Love ya!