October 4, 2009

I Came Home One Day...

and found this:


where we had once had a 50" t.v. we now had an empty tv stand. I called Scott and asked him what he had done with the tv and he had no idea what I was talking about. We looked around and found that the back door in the garage had been kicked open and our tv had been carried out the front door. Nothing else was taken and luckily no one had been home at the time. We of course called the sheriff, but there isn't much hope of recovery. It is extremely disconcerting to know that strangers have been in my home. I am even more paranoid than before and suspiciously watch any car that drives by, wondering if it was them.
This break-in has had a chain reaction. We decided that our new tv would be one that could be mounted on the wall (making it harder to walk off with). Before we did that it made sense to paint the living room and if we're going to paint the living room we might as well paint the kitchen too. So now my home is in complete chaos as these projects are under way. Also, we have to have new window shades that would completely block the view of the tv from the street. This has not been an easy undertaking finding shades that offer privacy, go with the decor, and do not cost an arm and a leg.
I hope that the next time I post I will have photos of my new and improved living room and kitchen. (including the new tv)

1 comments:

The Bodily Family said...

Holy Cow Alyson!! I had no idea. I haven't been very diligent about checking blogs lately. That's so scary! I'm so glad noone was home.