March 14, 2009

1st Spring Robin

Today I saw my first Robin of the year. I am really not the superstitious type, but every year I make a wish on the first robin I see as Winter says goodbye. So, what did I wish for? Actually, I couldn't think of anything. Years ago I wished for a baby, or money, to pass a college course, or a new friend to move in. This year, all is well. Life is pretty good for us, knock on wood (there goes my superstition again). Ashley took her SAT this morning, I thought about wishing for her success. Or, I always need to lose weight. I thought about wishing for lack of cravings. But, nothing seemed quite right. So, I wished for peace. Here's wishing for peace in our homes, peace in our country, and peace in our world. I think I need to find a few more robins!

0 comments: