Last night we had planned a YW campout for our girls at Chain-of-Lakes. Cars packed and ready to go we learned that one of our Priesthood leaders could not attend. So with a few frantic phone calls and noone to fill in we moved the venue to our backyard (4 priesthood holders in a 1 mile radius). It was a perfect autumn evening to sit around a nice campfire. We shared lots of laughter and s'mores. Kara was our main source of entertainment. She has very gullible leaders who fall prey to her balderdash about 99% of the time. She had Carlene believing that her family had a goat farm and it was goat meat in her tin-foil dinner. I think tomorrow we'll have "the little boy who cried wolf" for our YW lesson. Sleeping was not easy, but from the snores keeping me awake it sounded like some were able to sleep. While our plans may not have been what we envisioned, we still had a great time (with flushing toilets!). Who's up for canoeing?
September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I know we didn't make it where we intended to, but it was still lots of fun. We have such a great group of girls. Its' going to be so much fun working with them. You are the best too. I just love you and Jeanette. What a great group we are
I miss all the fun times in your backyard. So many memories came rushing back. Sounds like fun!!
That seems sooo long ago! Those were some good times.
I just miss cool nights and fire pits and smores and FRIENDS FoREVER!! LOL
Post a Comment